Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fast Friends...

This particular June weekend, My ol lady, Mystry, and I rode up to DeSmet for a street dance weekend. It was a pretty good time, although I forget who the band was the first night. The guys from Twisted Choppers were there showing off their motorcycles, and doing a burnout or two. Friday night I got a bit... "happy". Saturday, Mystry was tired and napped in our tent but I didn't feel like it. I don't like tents during the day as they tend to get a bit warm. I decided to ride over to Lake Preston to see a couple "Brothers" of mine. I sat there for a couple hours or so relaxing and having good conversation.

After a while, some of the other club members showed up to ride back over to DeSmet for the second street dance of the weekend. One of my friends' bike didn't sound too healthy, so we hung out till the problem got fixed.

I rode over to DeSmet with the guys, but they were going to another house in town than where I was going.

Let it be known that when you ride with a club you better be able to keep up! These guys don't fuck around on the highway! We were going 80 MPH at one point. I gotta say it was pretty exhilarating! Except for my leaky fork seals, which made for an interesting ride through the turns we took at 75. We got to town and I waved to the guys as they turned off to where they were going.

During the dance I saw most of em again. I didn't get to drink anything that night, since we spent all of our cash getting ourselves and Mystry's 16 year old into the dance only to have him disappear for most of it. I was a bit pissed about that one.

There were a few little runs we took since then, but nothing worthy of posting here, but stay tuned to "Crash's Road Blog" for next weekend's posting. We'll be riding to a Vets benefit run that I donated a painting to. I'll try to remember to take my camera and get alot of pictures.

No comments: