Thursday, September 18, 2008

S.F. ABATE Baltic Run '08

Yeah, I know, it's been a while since I posted here. Been rather busy since the semester started.

The first "actual" weekend of this month was the date of the River Park Rendezvous in Baltic. This is a run put on by the Sioux Falls, SD chapter of A.B.A.T.E. That (for those who don't know) is a motorcycle rights organization with chapters all over the U.S. and Canada. I went for the first time last year and had a good time. This year, I was able to bring the Ol lady, Mystry, along. AND, we were able to ride there!

I had to work Friday night, the opening night of the party, so we weren't going to be able to leave until afterwards. Mystry loaded up the bike while I was at school, after we had gotten the mail and discovered a LOAAAD of cash had come our way. A very nice Friday surprise!

It was pretty cool to see my bike all loaded for a camping run. Never been able to do that before. Mystry did a great job packing it! Wish I had a pic to post, but I don't think either of us took any. Sorry bout that!

Well, work ended, the home team got their asses kicked (I'm a studio engineer at KJAM in Madison and work football games), so it was time to roll out. I took Mystry to work with me since it made good logistical sense. Didn't have a riding jacket so I had to wear my duster... made things interesting. I also discovered I really.. REALLY need new goggles. It really isn't fun trying to ride with foggy goggles.

The ride was, for the most part, uneventful. It wasn't as cold as I thought it was gonna be, and no animals with suicidal thoughts, so that was good. I did, however, have a problem that ended up grounding the 'Wing. As we pulled into Baltic and went to back off on the throttle and turn in to the party grounds, my throttle wouldn't back off! Found out in the morning that my return throttle cable was broken. That SUCKED!!!

Even though we didn't get to go for a ride, like we wanted to, we still had a good time, and spent a wad of cash, which was nice to be able to do for a change! NOW, I have a riding jacket again.... and some chaps! Mystry looks better in hers than I do! lol

We were able to line up transport back home on Sunday, thanks to Ma! We dropped the bike off at the local shop in Madison to get fixed. Decided to go ahead and get the fork seals fixed, too, finally.

At last report, yesterday, my cables aren't in yet. I sure hope the bike gets done before next Wednesday. My club friends are hosting some Brothers from Germany so there are alot of events happening!

I'll definitely be posting the parties I attend that week! And I'll TRY to remember pics!

No comments: